P&R’s culture is based on foundational beliefs in family, community and excellence at what we do. We strive to be the region’s most revered partner for critical communications. Every day, we work to have an unparalleled, meaningful impact on our customers’ daily lives and future progress. If this sounds like the home for the workplace for you, explore our current opportunities.
We build people up
We are technically strong
We are personally invested in our work
We know our customers better than anyone else
The Standard is Excellence
In an effort to pass on the standards and level of expertise that has made us successful through our 60+ years,
our technicians go through a laborious mentoring & training program.
Here are the positions P&R is currently hiring for!
Finance Manager | Dayton
P&R is looking for a Finance Manager to join our team. This person must have experience in Finance and/or Accounting and will report directly to the CEO.
Accounting Processes: Oversee and maintain proper processing for:
- General ledger – ensure transactions occur within the right accounts and that accounts are reconciled regularly.
- Accounts payable – administer accounts payable, which will require working closely with purchasing.
- Invoicing and accounts receivable – handle all invoicing for the company including projects, contracts and service billing and administer accounts receivable and collections.
- Fixed assets – maintain fixed asset list and make adjustments as necessary.
- Day-to-day banking transactions – oversee banking accounts and record transactions that take place.
- Month-End Close: Ensure timely month-end close and account reconciliations. Create monthly financial statements and review with the owners and accounting firm.
- Year-End Close: Work with the owners and accounting firm to close out the year and have reviewed financial statements produced. Work with accounting firm on company tax returns.
- Cash Flow: Oversee cash flow, understand the sources and uses of cash and provide regular reporting to the owners.
- Reporting: Provide information to the owners and other stakeholders regarding the company’s financial position. Reporting to include –
- Weekly dashboards – the status of A/R, A/P, sales and inventory
- Cash flow – the status of the company’s cash
- Monthly reports – company performance to budget and prior year
- Contract reports – what is the status of customer contracts
- Budgeting: Work with the owners to create and monitor the yearly budget.
- Inventory: Ensure understanding of what is in inventory and lead efforts for yearly physical count.
- Culture: Engage in P&R’s culture and help to nurture it.
- Process Improvement: For all of the areas above, work with the owners and Leadership Team to put new processes and/or process improvements in place.
- Records Control & Compliance: Ensure detailed records are maintained and compliance with all regulations are kept up-to-date.
- Company Performance: Help create key performance indicators and other metrics that to measure performance and aid in decision making.
- Engaging personality
- Desire and ability to work well with a team
- BS in Finance/Accounting
- Experience with a small to midsize company
- Strong communication skills
- Operations experience a plus
Send all inquiries to Katie Ward at email@example.com
Service Technician | Toledo
P&R service technicians are responsible for running service calls in the field, as well as fixing equipment in the office. These technicians must be able to troubleshoot communications equipment, accurately diagnose problems and implement the fix. Experience in electronics is preferred.
Tower Climber | Dayton
P&R is looking for a tower climber who will work out of our Dayton office, but is willing to travel to job sites throughout Western Ohio. Experience is preferred.
Tower Hand | Dayton
P&R Communications is looking for a tower hand. The tower hand will mainly work on the ground but must be able and willing to rescue. Applicant must complete a two-day Authorized Climber Course. Responsibilities include grounding, connectors, line tagging, building mounts and mounting equipment on frames (may vary depending on the job). Applicant must always abide by all safety regulations.
The desire for continued training and education.
Consistent performance and attendance.
Good customer relation skills.
Ability to work well with a team.
Ability to work at heights on rooftops, telephone poles, and/or towers upwards of 250 feet or taller
High school degree or GED equivalent
Knowledge of using hand tools, math and measuring
Valid Driver’s license and the ability to pass a background check & drug test
Ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs., including body weight, equipment, tools and materials. Ability to maneuver his/her own body weight carrying equipment weight while climbing and working on a tower.
Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
Ability to travel for market requirements, in and out of state.
No tower climbing experience is required. We will train / provide on the job training for the right individual. Will provide required tower training to climb